Monday, May 12, 2014

My Vessel

I suppose as a starter I should do a run through of what gear I use in my angling efforts. I'll do my actual terminal tackle, rods and reels and such, once I can get them all together in one place. For now, I'll do the most important part of my efforts; my kayak.

At just a hair under 9 feet, it doesn't require registration in the states of Minnesota or Wisconsin, saving me money every year. A little bit of upkeep is required, but a weekend of work on a boat that provides me with such fantastic memories is more than worth it. This spring, it being the second year I'll have this boat, I decided to make some changes so that it can be easier to fish out of. A PVC-pipe outfitted set of rod holders was installed just behind the seat. An anchor trolley is next on the to-do list, and a fresh coat of white paint for the bottom will be following. For now though, the rod holders improve my ability to fish ten-fold.


Plans to build a similar kayak can be found online. It was a very long and tedious process, but well worth it in the end. Extra special thanks to my sister and brother-in-law for the fantastic graduation gift! It will always get weird looks from people at boat launches, but it gets the job done at a price tag under $100.

If you want to know how the rod holders were put together in more detail, just shoot me a contact message.

Tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment